Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Steeze-dar

Coolest show on TV? Not Mad Men or Breaking Bad, This Old House hands down. Stuntin' chambray, chaimos, flannel, oxford, and denim, these guys know whats up.

Photobucket

Photobucket

In this episode, the dudes show you how to set up your digital receiver for your TV. I thought everyone stopped using basic cable 4 decades ago. Guess not.

Photobucket

Is that a purple mole cloth workshirt? I think it is.

These guys look better than HGTV hosts even when hungover from the weekend. How much product do they use in their hair? Looks like none. How much shit was given about how their tan looks on camera? Looks like none. How much furniture from IKEA do these guys have in their own homes? Looks like none.

This is the American man show. Tuck your shirt in and comb your hair for Christ's sake, ya' look like a slob.

2 comments:

  1. Long time lurker. Love this post. I actually love the show too, it's very "home-y" and I find the work interesting. I love the new england feel and their love for craftsmanship - reminds me of my dad. I think It's funny that you posted about this show on a style blog - quite a contrast to the normal pretentious stuff you find on a bunch of other style blogs (guess that's what you were going for.) Thanks for all the posts you make - keeps me grounded after my rounds on valet and the sartorialist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might be one of the awesomest clothing blog posts I have read in a verrrry long time. I love This Old House as well. Love the magazine as well.

    ReplyDelete