Saturday, July 18, 2009

Wolf in sheep's fur aka jeans to jhorts


Jhorts usually get a bad rap. Probably because if you're a male and you wear them, you're said to have bad taste. However, I believe that if you cut them yourself, out of an old pair of jeans that you don't want anymore, they'll look ok for yardwork and punk-rock festivals. I cut mine out of an old pair of Levi's that I wore to shreds. However, there a few things you need to take note of before you cut your own and wear them to your cousin's cornhole tournament. I cut mine from some 514s, not too tight and not too baggy. I would recommend cutting your pair from a pair of jeans that do not slouch nor jeans that are too tight. They should be jeans that you are most comfortable in, but hopefully have a hole in the knee so you're not ruining your favorite pair. Make your cut just above the knee as below the knee will make your jhorts look like your sister's capris, which is fruity looking. Also, do not wear your jhorts with socks. This is generally true for most shorts today but I feel that jhorts and socks is far more of a sin than shorts and socks. Vans, Converse, and Sperry's are all acceptable shoes to wear with jhorts. Now cut your jhorts. They're comfortable.



Parting thoughts: I'm rereading Bram Stoker's Dracula once again. I read it in sixth grade and was scared of it. My older brother read it and told me of the anti-sex message in the book that I missed when i first read it. This got me curious so I'm giving it another go. Sons of Anarchy season starts again this fall. This is the only show I watch on TV besides South Park. I'm pumped and you should be too. If you haven't seen season one you can get most of the episodes through hulu.com. The ones you can't you can get elsewhere.




No comments:

Post a Comment