Thursday, April 26, 2012

Napapijri


It's the little differences. I mean, they got the same shit over there that we got here, but it's just...it's just, there it's a little different.”

We’ll ain’t that true.

The US has people walking around in LL Bean and Eddie Bauer windbreakers and the Czech Republic has people walking around in Napapijri. They have windbreakers, they’re just a little different.

Photobucket

Photobucket

If I were a google history blogger I’d tell you all about Napapijri. I did (curiosity killed the blogger and any sort of written personality) and it’s owned by VF. Boorrinnggg! It also is a misspelled version of Finnish for the artic circle [the company is Italian]. I don’t know the slappies* that run this company, but if you look at the entire line it’ll make you puke. Italians like mall-wear too. Shirts with large distressed Norwegian flags and - oh gawd, I can’t go on.

Despite crappy shirts and bad sweaters, Napapijri windbreakers are iconic. The classic look involves dirty khakis, Keen hiking boots, and a grease-stained Napapijri – food shield indeed (self-referencing means that I'm washed up).

I saw a man wearing one in Berlin. He was either a dirty guy or homeless. I guess Europe isn't that different after all.

*Slappy is slang for slap-dick

No comments:

Post a Comment