Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bad Taste?: Fanny pack pt.2

Supreme released S/S10 a few days ago. They released some cool stuff and they released some dumb stuff. Like the guys at Billy Kirk, they are trying to sell a disguised fanny pack. This one's under the guise of 'Waist Bag'. It's kind of like when your friends drunk dial you and try to act like someone else. It, well, doesn't really work.

Photobucket

On the other hand, Supreme released these gym class inspired graphic t-shirts. I have never not had graphic t-shirts in my wardrobe, as they serve themselves well in the summer months when it's too hot to wear anything else. I specifically carry aboard concert t-shirts as they are the best keepsakes and will remind my kids that I wasn't always a loser (hopefully they won't think I am a loser). These shirts, however, are branded. Supreme designed these shirts appropriately, as they evoke days body odor, awkward limbs, and dodgeball. While a doubter may say that these shirts differ little from an AE or A&F t-shirt, I would disagree. First and formost, they differ because of the color palette. AE and A&F haven't gone near some of these colors for the past few years (well, besides white and gray). Then they differ because of cut. These fit like a regular t-shirt, while AE and A&F t-shirts like to hug you like no other. I would definitely go for these over an AE or A&F graphic shirt any day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It should be noted that ATG ran a graphic t-shirt post today. Check it out.

1 comment:

  1. I guess I'll be the only kid wearing plain white tees this summer.

    ReplyDelete